[Gpg4win-users-en] FW: Installation of Vanilla Beta1 failed

Dewayne dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Fri May 18 08:14:31 CEST 2012

My apologies if I've incorrectly posted, as I joined the list to report my
installation experience with:

Vanilla version
>From a virgin 32 bit XP/Office2003 PC; installation attempts for Vanilla
failed to execute installation script. A  popup explained that, nsis
experienced an  integrity issue.  A gpg -v indicated that the installation
package was good.

 Light version
 Successful installation.

 The following are user expectation problems, that should normally be
silenced in the code.  Perhaps a few words should be documented, which
indicate a dependency between GpgEX and Kleopatra for a fully functioning
gpg system, would suffice.
After installing "Light", I then, from Windows shell (GpgEX) executed
"Create checksums" failed, unable to contact kleopatra
Then attempted to import keys via gpgEX - failed, needs kleopatra.

 Clearly GPA is the tool that should be configured & used :)  I'm still
testing and hope that GpgEX talks to GPA data store, or whether Kleopatra
is a prerequisite for GpgEX?

 Overall

 Thank-you for bringing the Gpg4win components together, it has meant that
I can use gpg in a manner that I'm familiar on my UNIX systems.  (I'm
running Gpg4win 2.1.0 on another PC

 Kind regards, Dewayne