[Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra keeps dying

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 4 16:44:54 CEST 2012

Hi Ed,

Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2012 06:14:18 schrieb edagro12 at verizon.net:
> I've run gpg4win-2.1.0 on Vista x64 successfully for a while, except that
> Kleopatra seems to disappear at random intervals (once every few weeks or
> so). The only way I've been able to get it back is to uninstall & then
> reinstall the entire program. This does give me back my certificates, etc.,
> but the situation is worrisome. Can someone give me a clue to why this
> disappearance is happening and what I can do to prevent it? Thanks, ed

the next step would be to try to get some more information on the situation.
Check out the Kleopatra log facility here:
   http://gpg4win.de/doc/en/gpg4win-compendium_29.html

Also you can start kleopatra.exe on the command line and see for more
messages. Depending on your experience you may also try the DebugView tool
mentioned here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Tools

Best Regards,