[Gpg4win-users-en] GpgOL and GPgEx registration fails

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Aug 12 22:25:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Monday 12 August 2013 21:12:48 Matthias Jacob wrote:
> I am running Win 7 x64. Looking at the missing DLLs with a "WINRT" in it,
> could it be that you broke something while including Win 8 support?

Nope, those dlls are optional and it's ok if they are not availble.

We have a known issue with 2.1.1 gpgex and gpgol that they will not register
because there is a libstdc++6 or a libgcc_sjlj in your library search path
that is binary incompatible to the versions we need.

For gpg4win 2.2.0 both will be statically linked against libstdc++ and
libgcc_sjlj so this is no longer an issue there.

As a workaround you can move the gpg4win entry in your PATH environment
variable to the front (Preferably before some other software that contains
those libraries) and run regsvr32.exe on both the gpgex and the gpgol.dll.
Gnuplot is one example that we know of that sets itself in the PATH and has
incompatible libraries.

Regards,
Andre

--