[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win 2.2.0 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 21 18:14:58 CEST 2013

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:43, pvoigt at uos.de said:

> Which of the new packages will provide a portable installation mode?
> I'm in particular in Gpg4win-Vanilla 2.2.0. Have not yet tried this
> package but seems ideal for my personal needs.

To create a vanilla portable version, you first install any version of
gpg4win with all options and then

  cd INSTALLROOT\GNU\Gpg4win
  mkportable --vanilla TARGETDRIVEANDDIR

That's all.  If you want a zip file, you need to zip it yourself.  There
a three reasons why we don't provide a portable version directly:

 - We need to maintain it.

 - We don't know which software shall be bundled with it.

 - A portable version at the gpg4win website would convey the message
   that we consider the use of a portable version secure or even suggest
   its use.  We don't think so and thus leave the decision to the user.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner