[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win 2.2.0 released

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Wed Aug 21 19:11:49 CEST 2013

Am Wed, 21 Aug 2013 18:14:58 +0200
schrieb Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>:

> To create a vanilla portable version, you first install any version of
> gpg4win with all options and then
>
>   cd INSTALLROOT\GNU\Gpg4win
>   mkportable --vanilla TARGETDRIVEANDDIR
>
> That's all.  If you want a zip file, you need to zip it yourself.
> There a three reasons why we don't provide a portable version
> directly:

Ah nice, sounds straight forward.

Subsequent manual creation of a distributable ZIP is no problem - thanks
for your answer so far.

I'm of course interested in both a regular Gpg4win-Vanilla installation
on my workstation and a portable one for my USB stick. The portable
version might even be the right one for my workstation. Could you please
give a very brief summary about the changes performed by the
"mkportable" command?

Regards,
Peter