[Gpg4win-users-en] Decryption of Gpgol-1.1.3-dll.sig fails

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 24 14:50:37 CEST 2013

Dear Ramon,

On Monday 17 June 2013 at 15:25:33, Ramon Tan wrote:
> Please see attached screenshot.  I downloaded the 2 files:
> Gpgol-1.1.3.dll.sig, and
> Gpgol-1.1.3.dll
> from the bug fix website:
> https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1251

note that the fix for issue1251 is already included in Gpg4win 2.1.1.
No need to download it separately anymore (since May 2012).
I've updated the report to reflect this.

> I then attempted to verify the DLL file using the SIG file - by directly
> running DECRYPT/VERIFY from Kleo's menu - it fails.
>
> Based on the error message shown - I am guessing that I need the public key
> of GNU/GPG - how do I perform this?

Correct.

See this page and its links: http://gpg4win.de/package-integrity.html
You can use Kleopatra to search for the external keys,
Search for the number given in your screenshot or "4F25E3B62:

pub   2048R/4F25E3B6 2011-01-12 [expires: 2019-12-31]
uid                  Werner Koch (dist sig)

Thanks for trying Gpg4win,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner