[Gpg4win-users-en] Notes on using libgpgme in 2.1.1-beta197

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 16 18:21:53 CEST 2013

Hi!

This is a quick note for those of you who are using libgpgme for their
own projects:

Please do not use the libgpgme-11.dll from this beta with software not
provided by this beta.  Due to the change to a new toolchain, we
accidentally introduced an ABI break in the functions

 gpgme_data_seek
 gpgme_data_new_from_filepart

Although we knew about this problem we decided to release the beta
anyway.  The external use of libgpgme is probably not that widespread to
justify a delay of a beta release.  Meanwhile I found a solution for the
problem [1].  It will be fixed in the final 2.1.1 version which we plan
to release soon.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

[1] http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpgme.git;h=6d0d8e7b