[Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra doesn't work anymore

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 17 09:23:30 CEST 2013

Ron has send me an anwer, here is short summary:

On Thursday 16 May 2013 at 22:06:56, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013, 21:19:57 schrieb Ron Willems:
> > I installed the new beta release 2.1.1. I encoutered malware inside the
> > excecutable!!!
>
> Did you check the integrity? If so, how.

He meanwhile checked the integrity by find a tool for the sha1sum.

> It possibly could be a false positive, but you may have gotten a bad
> binary, too. What is the precise message?

It is an updated f-secure that twice says "Virus removed",
the first detail is Gen:Variant.Kayz.115700.
Database version: 2013-05-16_09 on Windows 7 Ulimate (6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601)
x64-based PC.

My guess is, f-secure does something that impedes Kleopatra.
The usual next steps would be:
  * Submit our unpacked files to some AV metascanners, so see what they say.
  * Start kleopatra.exe on the command line to see if there are more messages.
  * The same with DebugView enabled.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner