[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win 2.1.1. beta 197

Bob Henson oldbob at oldbob.co.uk
Tue May 21 16:13:31 CEST 2013

I have tried many versions of gpg4win on my system, and finally I have
one that works - 2.1.1 beta197 - thank you for that. I use Outlook 2007
running under Windows 7 64bit. The problem has always been that Outlook
locked up solid at any attempt to use encryption, and Kleopatra was
always flaky used alone - however all is now almost well. Amongst other
reasons, these problems persuaded me to ditch Outlook and use
Thunderbird/Enigmail and GnupG 1.4 - which has always worked perfectly.
I have both systems up and running on the same machine now, and have
been sending test messages from Outlook 2007 to Thunderbird and vice
versa - using different e-mail addresses that I have, but the same keys.

The only remaining problem is this - when I sign messages from
Thunderbird/Enigmail to Outlook/Gpg4win decryption works fine and the
signatures verify correctly and are shown as valid. When I send them
from Outlook to Thunderbird the signatures do not verify albeit
decryption works fine. Thunderbird to Thunderbird is fine - all
signatures verify. Outlook to Outlook also works OK. Naturally my keys
are ultimately trusted so the is no logical reason why this should be.
Both system are using the same keyring.

Am I missing something obvious, or is there any reason why verification
should fail only in the one direction? Any ideas where I should look first?

Regards,

Bob