[Gpg4win-users-en] pinentry.exe crashes in GPG4Win-Light on Windows 7 Prof. with Russian locale

Ivan Krylov krylov.r00t at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 17:51:41 CET 2013

Hi!

I'm probably suffering from the same bug as reported in
<https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=11&atid=126&func=detail&aid=1550>.

Full version of GPG4Win so far worked fine on all my installations, but
to my mind Kleopatra was a bit bloated, so I chosen to install the
"Light" version of GPG4Win and try GPA instead.

Any attempt to generate a new key (including GPA and gpg --gen-key)
fails with messages like "General error" or "problem with agent:
Input/output error".

I also see the crash dialog for "pinentry.exe" in libglib-2.0-0.dll.

Setting "pinentry-program C:/Program Files/GNU/GnuPG/pinentry-gtk-2.exe"
in %APPDATA%/Roaming/gnupg/gpg-agent.conf helps, but it's a bit too much
for people I would like to introduce to the GPG world, so I would have
to create the configuration file myself leaving wrong impression of
unnecessary complicating things.

pinentry-w32.exe also works.

Is there something I can do to make the default pinentry.exe run "out of
the box"? Or, maybe, a possibility of another release of GPG4Win-Light
featuring working pinentry.exe?

Please let me know if there is any debugging info I should be able to
provide to fix this bug.

Best regards,
Ivan.