[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win 2.2.3: gpg --refresh-keys no longer working with hkps

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Fri Dec 5 14:31:22 CET 2014

Am Fri, 5 Dec 2014 08:54:30 +0100
schrieb Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

> Peter,
>
> thanks for the report!
>
> On Thursday 04 December 2014 at 21:18:24, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
> > > I am afraid Gpg4win 2.2.3 might have caught an old and meanwhile
> > > solved gpg issue:
> > >
> > > http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2014-May/049606.html
> > >
> > > Can anybody confirm this behavior?
>
> Can you run it with the debugging options outlined in the post above
> to confirm the analysis?
>
> Thanks,
> Bernhard

Hello Bernhard,

I have just booted my Win 7 Pro (amd64) laptop and tested the issue with
enabled debug options as suggested. But instead of seeing additional
information about the failure the hkps key refresh suddenly works
as expected. And of course refresh is still working without enabled
debug options.

There is just one reboot between the yesterday evening failure
experience and the today success - no other changes. I cannot reproduce
the error any more. This reboot-fixing-problem-behavior is the reason
why I am using Windows systems less from week to week :-) I have never
had a similar bad experience under Unix :-)

Sorry for making noise.

Regards,
Peter