[Gpg4win-users-en] Question about GPG2.exe

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Feb 11 08:51:30 CET 2014

On Monday 10 February 2014 at 21:05:15, Animedude Johnson wrote:
> How do I use it? When doubleclick on it, it generates a keypair, and then
> says to type your message. I've typed my message now and have hit the enter
> key, but rather than encrypting the text I've just typed, it instead just
> drops down to the next line, like in Windows Notepad. How do I submit my
> typed text to the program so that the program encrypts it?

gpg2.exe is a command line application, so you first have to open a
cmd.com (aka "command line") window and then type in your command.

It usually is used like this to encrypt

gpg2 --encrypt --recipient EFF5D42A  file-to-encrypt.txt

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner