[Gpg4win-users-en] Claws mail hangs on smime encrypted mail

Cristian Baboi cristian.baboi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:34:15 CET 2014

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 14:53:44 +0100
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:

> On Saturday 04 January 2014 at 01:32:14, Cristian Baboi wrote:
> > I imported a selfsigned x509 certificate for my email address with
> > gpgsm (kleopatra was not able to import it. It is Rsa2048 with
> > sha256) and sent myself an encrypted smime mail.
> >
> > When opening the received message, claws mail freezes with
> > "retrieving" message in the status bar.
>
> To analyse this further, try to decrypt an encrypted file
> on the command line with gpgsm.

The decryption works from the command line.
The encryption from claws-mail also works ok.
The problem is not with gpg. It is with the specific claws-mail version
bundled with gpg4win (v3.9.1) on windows7 x64.
It seems that version is broken. Other versions are ok.

---
Acest email este fără viruși sau programe dăunătoare deoarece protecția antivirusului avast! este activă.