[Gpg4win-users-en] Help with decryption

David Kronlid david at kronlid.net
Mon Jan 13 03:22:57 CET 2014

You replied only to me, so the list can't read what you just sent, but I'll
reply to the whole list so that they can see that you need some more help
and that I probably can't help you any more.

I use 4 different email programs/apps but none of them is Outlook, however
I used to have Outlook before but an earlier version so I can probably not
help you as things have changed in Outlook. Outlook 2013 and GPGOL are also
known to not be 100% compatible, but I understand that GPGOL still should
work directly after an installation but with limited functionality. My
guess is that you probably just have to find the settings and do a few easy
changes. The plugin GPGOL used to be found in the menus or as an icon
directly under the menu in older versions of Outloook if I remember
correctly, perhaps it's still that way today but I don't know. I think
someone on the list soon will give you another reply too after they've read
your message here below.

A few last questions though, do you get a window popping up telling you to
enter your password when you open an encrypted email in Outlook 2013?
If yes, what happened when you entered your password?
If no, did you get an error message instead?
Does anything at all happen?
Have you restarted your computer after you installed gpg4win? I mean really
restarted, not shut the lid on a laptop or put a desktop in one of the
different sleep modes.
The reply to these questions might possibly matter, but let's also wait for
more answers!

/David