[Gpg4win-users-en] Plea for GPG4Win vanilla installation step reduction

Samir Nassar samir at samirnassar.com
Mon Jul 14 17:30:01 CEST 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-07-15 00:22:04 Kosuke Kaizuka <cai.0407 at gmail.com> wrote:
> License information MUST be read and users MUST agree the license before
> actual installation starts.

If you're going to make statements like that, why "MUST" and who says?

> > Components screen:
> >
> > There are no components that can be configured, screen can be dropped.
>
> Installer is common between vanilla, light and full.
> I don't think it is good choice to use different scheme only for vanilla.

Why? Some explanation is helpful.

> Is is standard behavior of Windows Installer to put "show details"
> button on progress windows.

I understand that many installers do this. "standard behavior" is a strong
argument for keeping it this way because of user expectations. Note that I am
not asking for the functionality to be removed, just consolidated.

--
Samir Nassar
samir at samirnassar.com
https://samirnassar.com
PGP Fingerprint: EE76 B39E 0778 8F95 F796 B044 FE67 9A90 8E99 7AB2
Public Key: https://samirnassar.com/files/key.asc