[Gpg4win-users-en] msvcrt.dll problem

Peter Sanders bikrpete at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 24 23:25:14 CET 2014

Thank you, I will wait for 2.2.3

Hi,

On Monday, November 24, 2014 09:13:54 PM Peter Sanders wrote:
> Hello.
> I am new to this list as I have just tried to install GPG4WIN 2.2.2 on my
> 32-bit Windows XP SP3 (with all important updates) system.

Yes this was accidentally introduced in 2.2.2 as Windows XP is no longer a
primary test platform for us. But we still want to support it so this has
been
fixed.

The issue for this is:
https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1711

> Neither PGA nor Claw Mail will run and just an error message:
> "The procedure entry point rand_s could not be located in the dynamic link
> library msvcrt.dll." appears.
> Not surprisingly, Windows won't allow me to update the DLL - a DLL
> installer
> was tried which silently failed.
>
> What do I do?

Please stick with 2.2.1 for now. We are currently in the final phase of our
2.2.3 release preparations and will probably publish it this week with and
it
will include a fix for this problem.

Regards,
Andre