[Gpg4win-users-en] Copy-paste deactivated in Gpg4win 2.2.2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 2 09:19:13 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 01 October 2014 at 21:06:11, PrivacyDefence wrote:
> Quote: “Can you try making sure that pinentry-qt4 is actually used?”
> Sure, how do I do that?
> If it matters, no file by that exact name exists in the “GnuPG” folder
> on Windows. I'll be happy to send screendumps if relevant.

It should have been installed by the default installation.
(In this very moment I don't have a test installation accessible, so I cannot
check, maybe someone can help me out and tell us where pinentry-qt4.exe is on
their machine?)

> Indeed, the Enigmail Setup Wizard will
> accept copy/paste, but pinentry.exe will not.

There is no need for the setup wizard to know the password as it is another
component that has it. My suggestion would be to improve it to let gpg-agent
ask the password via a pinentry application.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner