[Gpg4win-users-en] GPA "Open the card manager" hangs

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Oct 17 17:42:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Friday, October 17, 2014 05:48:28 PM tosiara wrote:
> I'm using Win7 64, gpg4win-2.2.2, Gemalto USB Shell Token V2 and a new
> empty OpenPGP V2 card. All the drivers are installed and I have "OpenPGP
> Minidriver for Smart Card" under devices.
>
> When I open GPA and click "Open the card manager" the program just hangs.
> And can be killed only through task manager.
>
> Has anyone seen this issue? What are the steps to troubleshoot this issue?

Does this work with the older gpg4win 2.2.1? (
http://files.gpg4win.org/gpg4win-2.2.1.exe )

Might be a regression in the new version please let us know if this is the
case.

Otherwise the debug output of scdaemon might be interesting:

Add the following lines to %APPDATA%/gnupg/scdaemon.conf and provide the
resulting log file for debugging purposes, where somedirectory is the name of
some directory in which you can write files.

debug 2048
log-file <somedirectory>\scdlog.txt

You can then kill gpg-agent (which will automatically kill scdaemon.exe) and
try again. It should write something in the log file.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/