[Gpg4win-users-en] Using gpg4win with OpenSSH and Git

Marko Božiković bozho at kset.org
Thu Feb 19 16:32:07 CET 2015

Hi all,

I've picked up GnuPG again after a few years and I was wondering is it
possible to use gpg4win in its current state for OpenSSH authentication and
git SSH authentication and commit signing using gpg-agent.

>From what I've read, it should be possible, but I wasn't able to find a proper
guide to achieve this with gpg4win. From what I've read, gpg-agent can act as
an ssh-agent, at least on Linux, but I wasn't able to make it work on Windows.

My aim is to have a master signing/certification key (stored offline) and
create authentication and signing keys as needed for OpenSSH authentication (I
prefer it over putty) and git SSH authentication (and possibly commit
signing). I'd probably create two separate sets of Git keys, one business and
one personal.

I currently do have keys for OpenSSH authentication as well as two separate
keys for git SSH authentication (also used by pageant and TortoiseGit) stored
in appropriate files, but I would like to use gpg-agent to handle "everyday" keys.

Thank you,
--
Marko