[Gpg4win-users-en] Using gpg4win with OpenSSH and Git

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 19 20:37:39 CET 2015

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:32, bozho at kset.org said:

> I've picked up GnuPG again after a few years and I was wondering is it
> possible to use gpg4win in its current state for OpenSSH authentication and
> git SSH authentication and commit signing using gpg-agent.

On Windows you can't use if with OpenSSH.  AFAIK, OpenSSH is not
available as native application but only as a Cygwin binary.  This could
be made work somehow but it has not been done.  However, Putty is
supported: If you add "enable-putty-support" to gpg-agent.conf,
gpg-agent will work as a Pageant replacement.  You should fire up
gpg-agent before Pageant, though.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner