[Gpg4win-users-en] problems with 2.2.5

g4 at novadsp.com g4 at novadsp.com
Fri Jul 17 13:24:46 CEST 2015

Windows 7x64. Attempting to generate a new OpenPGP certificate in Kleopatra
fails with a cryptic 'Could not create certificate: General error'

If I use gpg2 from the command line I can see the following error message.
The folder exists and has suitable permissions for me (administrator)

Does this need to be run with elevated privileges or what? Any ideas
welcomed.

TAIA.

-----------------------------snip-----------------------------------

We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform

some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the

disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number

generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.

We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform

some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the

disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number

generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.

gpg: renaming `C:/Users/JEvans/AppData/Roaming/gnupg/pubring.gpg' to
`C:/Users/J

Evans/AppData/Roaming/gnupg/pubring.bak' failed: Permission denied

gpg: error writing public keyring
`C:/Users/JEvans/AppData/Roaming/gnupg/pubring

.gpg': Permission denied

Key generation failed: Permission denied