[Gpg4win-users-en] problems with 2.2.5

g4 at novadsp.com g4 at novadsp.com
Fri Jul 17 15:20:58 CEST 2015

Hello Andre and thanks.

> Apparently it does not have the right permissions gnupg either can't
create a
> new file in that directory or there is already a pubring.bak in that
directory
> and it can't be overwritten. "Permission denied" is pretty
straightforward.

Indeed. See below.

> You need to run it with a user account that can write in the GnuPG Home
> directory.  You could try moving that folder away and starting with a new
> directory.

For the record I recreated the folder expressly to test this notion. Still
got a write failure. I also specifically assigned myself full control to the
folder (and contents) and this still failed.

Pgp2 will only do the right thing in a shell which is 'run as
administrator'.

BR

Jerry