[Gpg4win-users-en] Why are my encrypted files AUTOMATICALLY decrypting?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 27 12:40:32 CEST 2015

Hi Dessi,

On Monday 27 July 2015 at 00:23:29, Dessi Sumilo wrote:
> But when I now right-click the file and decrypt, it does it
> automatically.

right after doing crypto operations, it may have a cached password
via the gpg-agent component.

> I changed the gpg-agent to nocache and set the Kleopatra to 30
> seconds.  I've rebooted and tried everything I could find.

Okay, if you were not asked for the password after a reboot,
something else must have happened. Please use a testeditor
application to look into the .gpg file to see if it actually
is still encrypted.

Two other things you could check:
* After decrypting, the file might have been replaced with the
  cleartext file. Make sure you did not mix it up.
* Check that you did not just sign. :)

Best,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner