[Gpg4win-users-en] Untrused Site Certification

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 31 16:30:41 CEST 2015

Hi Werner,

On Friday 31 July 2015 at 16:01:06, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:33, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > I hope we'll get around doing something in September or October.
>
> Bernard, it is not more than an hour to add TLS support to the
> webserver.

I tend to differ. We need to configure SNI
and strong options, get the certificate, install and test everything.
We are also losing native Windows XP (which I guess it okay,
people should get Iridium for it) and wget in Wheezy (okay, because only
oldstable and people can use other apps as well).
Probably we also have to add some FAQ docus.

> Pretty please do that now and also enable Strict Transport
> Security.

Given that sickness leaves and holiday season in German
put our admins under pressure, I can see what I can do
to get to it done faster.

> Frankly, I do not understand your resistance to that.

:) You were the one resisting this for years
and told me you gave up, because you did not have time to explain
it to people. It is good to see that you have changed your mind on it.

Best,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner