[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg-agent or scdaemon timeout not working

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 16 10:10:48 CEST 2015

Hi Yann,

On Wednesday 14 October 2015 at 12:26:10, Mwyann wrote:
> I'm using a GPG smartcard with a Gemalto reader. I'm using it to sign
> things and authenticate to my SSH servers. It's working quite well, but
> there's something that doesn't work as expected.

it is good that you write up your feedback here, so we can investigate
together. I take it that you are using Gpg4win 2.2.6 (latest version)
with the GnuPG coming with it?

(It is always good to recheck and give the version number of the software you
are using when writing about specific software behaviour.)

> When I try to configure the gpg-agent timeouts (both personal codes and SSH
> keys), or even the scdaemon idle function, it just never forgets my code,

> The file AppData\Roaming\gnupg\gpg-agent.conf is correctly created and
> reflects the changes, but the options are just ignored.

> The "enable-putty-support" option is recognized and useful though, so the
> file is correctly readed too.

You could try to get a verbose diagnostic output from gpg-agent and look
into it.

Another step would be to ask: Does somebody else work with a smartcard
on windows and have the timeouts working or not working?

Best Regards,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner