[Gpg4win-users-en] Umlauts in revocation comment

Alexander Strobel Alexander.Strobel at giepa.de
Wed Sep 2 11:48:12 CEST 2015

I create a revocation certificate with a revocation comment which
contains special German characters. (like äöüÄÖÜß ...) I tried several
different ways to get them correct into the rev-cert but as soon as I do
a --list-packets every umlaut is replaced by two other characters

For example:
"Hallöchen" is displayed as "Hall├Àchen"
Which is 0x48616C6CF66368656E and 0x48616C6C00C06368656E
As you can see the 0xF6 (ö) is somehow replaced by 0x00C0 (├À)

How can I use umlauts and other special chars (above ASCII 127 or even
UTF-8) in the comment field?

Thanks in advance and best regards
 Alex Strobel
 www.gpog4o.com