[Gpg4win-users-en] Trying to get gpg4win working with OpenLDAP as the keyserver

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 7 10:44:00 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 06 April 2016 at 15:05:36, Philip Colmer wrote:
> OK, it looks like something changed in gnpug Modern (2.1.11). I've
> just compiled that on Linux and I'm getting the same "No keyserver
> available" error.
>
> I'll either dig into the source and try and pin it down and/or post to
> the gnpug-users list to see if anyone there knows what is going on.

That is a good approach now that you have found out that it is a
problem that affects several platforms.
If gnupg-users does not help you go to gnupg-devel.

> > The version of gpg that ships in the beta128 I've installed is 2.1.11,
> > so doesn't that mean that dirmngr *is* involved?

Yes dirmngr should be used in 2.1.11.

> >> Try something like
> >> --keyserver-options keep-temp-files,verbose,verbose,verbose,debug
> >
> > That didn't work, I'm afraid.

(only for 2.0.x as I indicated)

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner