[Gpg4win-users-en] Improving the First Contact with Kleopatra for gpg4win-3

Neil D. Donovan ndd1234 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 8 20:45:07 CEST 2016

Greetings,

I first began to use Gpg4win when Symantec made PGP too difficult, too
expensive, and to hard to purchase.  At the time of my switch to
Gpg4win, all I really wanted to do was find a free and open source
solution for sending PGP/MIME HTML emails, signed or encrypted.  I was
delighted when I learned that I could get what I wanted by installing
Gpg4win, Thunderbird and Enigmail.

I also started to explore what Kleopatra could do.  I learned that I
could generate my keys with it; I learned I could sign or encrypt files
with it with the requirement that encrypting (and signing) could only be
done asymmetrically.  There is no option in the Kleopatra GUI for
symmetric encryption.  (At least I don't see one.  If I'm wrong, please
tell me.)

I would like to see the option to encrypt or decrypt symmetrically using
a user-chosen PassPhrase using a GUI interface.  This was a feature of
PGP that I liked and now miss.

(I know that I can use the GPG command line to perform the symmetric
encryption.)

Sincerely,

Neil

Neil D. Donovan
Salem, MA USA 01970-5352
Email: ndd1234 at comcast.net
<mailto:ndd1234 at comcast.net><http://facebook.com/neil.donovan.salem.ma>

Access my PGP key
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/916373/Neil_D_Donovan_PGP_Key.asc>
The attached file called *signature.asc*
is my PGP/MIME signature for this email.