[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg-agent/scdaemon error with openpgp v2 card and putty

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Sat Apr 9 08:44:27 CEST 2016

Quoting Sijie Bu <tombu at tombu.xyz> (from Fri, 8 Apr 2016 13:48:48 -0400):

> AFAIK Gpg4win uses the smart card interface provided by Windows to
> communicate with the card. The problem might be related to smart card
> APIs of Windows or issues with the card reader driver.

I updated to the most recent driver, downloaded the
chipcardmaster(.de) software which uses the Windows PC/SC interface,
and tested the German giro-card and the health-card. For both the
chipcardmaster software is able to read the cards.

gpg still has problems to do something with the card.

Any other way to test the driver/terminal?

Note, the scdaemon log (see my initial mail) tells it has problems
using the CHV2 PIN, I would have expected that the CHV1 or CHV3 PIN is
used.

Bye,
Alexander.
--