[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg-agent scdaemon + yubikey smartcard not asking for PIN with PUTTY

Sijie Bu tombu at tombu.xyz
Thu Mar 24 17:58:29 CET 2016

Bowlers Bloody wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 15:04:18 schrieb Bowlers Bloody:
>> Hmm does pinentry work in normal circumstance, e.g.
>> when you want to sign or decrypt with a soft-store keys?
>>
> signing and encrypting works perfectly : the pinentry window shows up
> and everything is ok.
>
>> I think that we also should peek at the logs, especially the
>> gpg-agent log.
> Ok, I'll post gpg-agent and scdeamon logs tomorrow.
>
> Anyway, thank you for taking the time to help :)
>
> Regards
I guess that it is by design of gpg-agent because gpg-agent only uses
the auth key and if you try to use the sign key, no pinentry will pop up
and causes an automatic login failure. Gpg4win 2.3.0 under Windows 10
build 1511 works flawlessly with both PuTTY and ssh-pageant (under
Cygwin). If you have to use the signing key for authentication purposes,
you might have to consider a modified version of Pageant from
http://smartcard-auth.de/ssh-en.html

And this applies to both the original OpenPGP card, and YubiKey. It also
applies for Windows, Linux, and OS X. Also to notice that you cannot run
gpg-agent and the modified Pageant at the same time.

Sorry if I am wrong.

Sincerely,
Sijie