[Gpg4win-users-en] 3.0.3 End of File Error

GnuPG-User at juinio.net GnuPG-User at juinio.net
Tue Apr 3 21:50:32 CEST 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: Gpg4win-users-en <gpg4win-users-en-bounces at wald.intevation.org> On Behalf Of gpg4win-users-en-request at wald.intevation.org
Sent: April 2, 2018 09:09 AM
To: gpg4win-users-en at wald.intevation.org
Subject: Gpg4win-users-en Digest, Vol 131, Issue 2

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: 3.0.3 End of File Error (Neil D. Donovan)
   2. Re: 3.0.3 End of File Error (David Kronlid)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 10:45:11 -0400
From: "Neil D. Donovan" <ndd1234 at comcast.net>
To: gpg4win-users-en at wald.intevation.org
Subject: Re: [Gpg4win-users-en] 3.0.3 End of File Error

Allen,

After reading your post, I upgraded to Gpg4win 3.0.3.? I used Veronica to sign a file to create a detached signature.? I then used Veronica to verify the signature.? It seemed to work fine.? (I will attach a screen capture of the successful verification.)

After installation, the user is reminded to reboot his computer to complete the upgrade.? Is it possible that you did not reboot?

Neil Donovan

[Allen] Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I always reboot since that is part of the installation process.  Additionally, I also rebooted after receiving a write error during reinstallation after I first discovered the "hiccup" in Kleopatra.  Rebooting, which was done after rebooting after the first installation, allowed the file that aborted the reinstallation to be unlocked and reinstallation went fine.  Verification proceeded normally (I just signed the files so I expected it to verify), but it then threw up the same error.

Message: 2