[Gpg4win-users-en] Incompatibility with Microsoft Azure Information Protection add-in

Marcos Orallo m_orallo at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 12 16:03:25 CET 2018

Hello,

Thanks for creating/maintaining this add-in. It's been a long time
since I wanted to have full PGP functionality in Outlook, and it was
working perfectly until some days ago.

I just discovered GpgOL (I am using version 2.3.2) is not compatible
with the Microsoft Azure Information Protection add-in [1].

When both add-ins are enabled, gpgOL doesn't fully detect encrypted
mails as such, so it's not possible to decrypt them. There is a blue
lock in the message list, but when previewing or opening a message,
the icon in the Ribbon bar stays as "Insecure" and there's no prompt
for the passphrase.

The encryption part seems to work properly. Once I disabled the AIP
add-in, I could decrypt emails sent before, while it was enabled.

I applied for registration in https://dev.gnupg.org to create a bug,
still waiting for approval.
I can provide debug logs and try to find some time for troubleshooting
if necessary.

Can somebody add this add-in to the incompatibilities wiki page? [2]

Best regards,

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/what-is-information-protection
[2] https://wiki.gnupg.org/GpgOL/IncompatibleAddons#Symantec_Endpoint_Protection