[Gpg4win-users-en] Can gpg4win import pfx certificate?

Xi Shen davidshen84 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 04:44:44 CET 2018

It worked.

Firstly, I imported the private again using the command you gave. Below is
the output.

C:\Users\A\Documents>gpgsm -vv --import A.pfx
gpgsm: no running gpg-agent - starting 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\Gpg4win\..\GnuPG\bin\gpg-agent.exe'
gpgsm: waiting for the agent to come up ... (5s)
gpgsm: waiting for the agent to come up ... (4s)
gpgsm: connection to agent established
gpgsm: 1240 bytes of 3DES encrypted text
gpgsm: already got an key object, skipping this one
gpgsm: swapping secret primes
gpgsm: DBG: keygrip= 0C ma sk ed 54
gpgsm: total number processed: 1
gpgsm:       secret keys read: 1
gpgsm:  secret keys unchanged: 1

Note, the last line says the secret key is unchanged. I think it means the
key I imported using the GPA was recognized, not somehow I could not see it.

Then I imported the associated public key.
C:\Users\A\Documents>gpgsm -vv --import A.cer
gpgsm: certificate imported
gpgsm: total number processed: 1
gpgsm:               imported: 1

After that, I am able to see the key using
gpgsm --lisk-keys.

I can also see the key from the GPA GUI. However, "gpg --list-keys" still
gives me empty result.

What is the difference between gpg and gpgsm? In Git Bash terminal on
Windows, the gpg command, which comes with the Git for Windows
installation, cannot see my key as well. So I still cannot sign my commits
with my key.

Thanks,
David