[Gpg4win-users-en] Can gpg4win import pfx certificate?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 5 14:30:49 CET 2018

Dear Xi,

just seeing your email, sorry for the late response.

Am Freitag 22 Dezember 2017 04:53:13 schrieb Xi Shen:
> > I am using gpg4win 3.0.2. I tried to import a pfx certificate, which I
> > exported from my Windows system, and it is protected with a password.
> > When I import the certificate using the GPA, it says imported
> > successfully. But I cannot see the key in the manager.
> >
> > Does gpg4win really can import a pfx certificate? Or maybe I exported the
> > certificate with wrong settings?

Just guessing that you are trying to import a CMS private and public key for
use with S/MIME?

When reading up on pfx files I learn that they may contain a number of
objects. So it is hard to say what fails when trying to import it with GnuPG.
My suggestion would be to try the command line with some diagnostic messages
turned on like
  gpgsm -vv --import x.pfx
and see.

You will need to have the public key for a private key, before you can fully
list it.

Best Regards,