[Gpg4win-users-en] Crashes in gpg4win 3.0.3

David Kronlid david at kronlid.net
Sat Jan 13 00:08:20 CET 2018

I just installed gpg4win 3.0.3 on a computer which previously didn't have
gpg. It runs win 7 64-bit. I unchecked GPA and GPGOL during installation.

In about 20 minutes it already has crashed about 5 times. Dirmngr and
kleopatra are the ones crashing again and again. It crashes both if I open
kleopatra from the windows start menu or if I use the explorer extension.

Also when I imported a key from a key server I once ended up getting 2 OK
buttons to choose from and no Cancel button. I have too little information
to figure out if this simply is a GUI/programming error or if it's related
to the crash bug(s) in kleopatra and dirmngr.

If you want me to file a bug report please let me know if there are any log
files or debug packages I can install in order to make a bug report that
gives enough information.

I have used gpg on Linux and gpg4win on Windows for many years so if you
just point me in the right direction I might help find the problems causing
the crashes.

Regards,
David