[Gpg4win-users-en] Crashes in gpg4win 3.0.3

David Kronlid david at kronlid.net
Sun Jan 14 21:45:15 CET 2018

Today I decided to poke around a little and try to find out more.
Visual Studio 2017 was able to tell me that kleopatra.exe through
qt5Core.dll causes an access violation when trying to access location
0x00000000. Someone must have made a programming error, perhaps with a
pointer pointing to null.
This in turn sometimes also crashes dirmngr or gpgex depending on what I'm
doing.
When gpgex crashes it also crashes explorer so explorer needs to restart.
(When I try to verify a signature explorer loads gpgex, which loads
kleopatra, which crashes all 3 with an access violation)

[image: Infogad bild 1]