[Gpg4win-users-en] Correspondents cannot open attached Signed messages - Additional

David Koch dnlkoch at verizon.net
Tue May 22 17:42:04 CEST 2018

Andre,

Previously I wrote that my correspondents could not open Signed and
Encrypted attachments.  You asked me to send you a test file, which I
did.  Recently we had an interesting result.

One correspondent decided to give Gpg4win a try.  Then he saw something
related to my problem above.  He had been using OpenPGP Studio from
<https://www.goanywhere.com/openpgp-studio/download>.  He found that
using OpenPGP Studio he could open attachments that were Encrypted with
Gpg4win, but could NOT open attachments Signed and Encrypted with
Gpg4win.  I then tried the test with a second correspondent and he
reported the same results.

So, it seems that as long as I and all my correspondents use Gpg4win, we
can open both Encrypted and also Signed and Encrypted attachments.  But
using OpenPGP Studio does not work for Signed and Encrypted messages
from Gpg4win.

--David Koch