[Gpg4win-users-en] Import PGP Keys

Andrew Mak amak at mazda.com.au
Tue Nov 13 08:42:24 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

I have a question to the list.
I generated a key pair on a Unix system using
# gpg2 --gen-key
We are using this key pair for encryption/decryption, so the key pair is definitely good.

I then try to import the key to Windows 10 using Kleopatra. Under GUI, I get the error "EBR error".
Under command line, I use the following
..\bin> gpg -verbose -import <full path to the key>
Gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
Gpg: Total number Processed: 0

C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\bin>gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.10
libgcrypt 1.8.3
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Home: C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\bin>

Any idea why the key is not being recongised?

Thank you in advance.