[Gpg4win-users-en] GpgOL trouble finding own certificate after Send

Jeff Smith imajeffs at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:40:15 CEST 2018

Hello, I'm teaching my clients to use gpg4win 3.1.3 but there are some problems making it hard for them to understand what to do. I have figured out ways to make it send that I hope give clues how to resolve this.

We already have signed keys so I imported his own key after installing 3.1.3. When he tries to reply to me it will sign/encrypt automatically. Problem is it finds no certificate for his email address and guides him to generate new keys both for signing and to encrypt to self, but we need to use the one I gave him that is already there. I found out that if I press the filter symbol to the right of each field where the key was not found, it finds it. Then sign/encrypt works.

I discovered that if I did have GpgOL generate the new key, then that new key will be found every time. So what is not being configured to find his own imported key automatically?

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>     Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>