[Gpg4win-users-en] Regenerating stubs in gpg4win for smart card usage

clarjon1 info at clarjon1.com
Wed Apr 24 18:19:12 CEST 2019

Hey there,

Installed the latest and greatest gpg4win last night, and tried to use the
two GUI tools ( GPA and Kleopatra ) to essentially perform the action of
`gpg --card-status` after importing my public key

However, even though the programs were able to see the status of the cards,
the keys on it, etc, it did not seem to actually be regenerating the stubs.

I ended up having to track down the CLI gpg binary, and running `gpg
--card-status` -- I thought as instructions to do this have been removed
from the readme.txt that the GUI would be able to handle this. Was this
functionality ever implemented? Or have I missed something? Or has there
been a regression?