[Gpg4win-users-en] Regenerating stubs in gpg4win for smart card usage

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 26 09:39:10 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Wednesday 24 April 2019 18:19:12 CEST clarjon1 wrote:
> Installed the latest and greatest gpg4win last night, and tried to use the
> two GUI tools ( GPA and Kleopatra ) to essentially perform the action of
> `gpg --card-status` after importing my public key
>
> However, even though the programs were able to see the status of the cards,
> the keys on it, etc, it did not seem to actually be regenerating the stubs.
>
> I ended up having to track down the CLI gpg binary, and running `gpg
> --card-status` -- I thought as instructions to do this have been removed
> from the readme.txt that the GUI would be able to handle this. Was this
> functionality ever implemented? Or have I missed something? Or has there
> been a regression?

I have to check this. I would also have assumed that card-status would not be
necessary if you had opened the smartcard view of Kleopatra. A user should not
have to use the command line for this so if it really is necessary I would
call it a bug / missing feature in Kleoptra.

Best Regards,
Andre

--
GnuPG.com - a brand of g10 Code, the GnuPG experts.

g10 Code GmbH, Erkrath/Germany, AG Wuppertal HRB14459
GF Werner Koch, USt-Id DE215605608, www.g10code.com.

GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, M.Gollowitzer, A.Heinecke.    Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-2104-4938799