[Gpg4win-users-en] pinentry-qt passphrase window pops up on Windows Notification of signed email arrival

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 30 09:01:49 CET 2019

Hi,

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:23:03 PM CET Sam Kirsch wrote:
> Has anyone run into this before and have any feedback on how to stop the
> passphrase window from interrupting our users' work flow?  Thanks!

As Answered in the Forum:

no, this is not common behavior. It should work that only when the mail is
"read" that GpgOL attempts to decrypt that.

I think an explanation could be that you have an Addon or other software on
the affected systems which might automatically "read" each incoming mail
internally.

Have you thought about extending the gpg-agent's passphrase cache timeout so
that the passphrase is only asked once per login session? You can do that with
Kleopatra or through the gnupg config.

Best Regards,
Andre

--
GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, M.Gollowitzer, A.Heinecke.    Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-2104-4938799