[Gpg4win-users-en] pinentry-qt passphrase window pops up on Windows Notification of signed email arrival

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 30 14:30:48 CET 2019

Hi,

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:27:03 PM CET Sam Kirsch wrote:
> We'll have to look into addons, I had not considered that, though, our test
> platform has most of the addins installed you'd find in our organization, the
> department using GPG4WIN may very well have some extra addons.

It would be interesting to hear if you find an addon causing this

> I had considered that as an alternative.  I was planning on extending the
> cache timeout actually - you mentioned a timeout per session though and I
> don't see a specific setting like that;  Am I to understand that if I set the
> cache expirations extremely high the cache still times out if the windows
> session ends?

Yes that is what I mean. The passphrase is cached in the process "gpg-agent"
which is a normal user process and so it is killed if the user logs out.

Regards,
Andre

--
GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, M.Gollowitzer, A.Heinecke.    Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-2104-4938799