[Gpg4win-users-en] "The signature can't be checked - General error"

Gerard E. Seibert gerard_seibert at outlook.com
Sat May 16 14:45:51 CEST 2020

Gpg4Win-3.1.11
Kleopatra-3.1.11
claws-mail-3.17.4

I am experiencing a problem that I have not been able to correct. I
receive signed emails from Microsoft several times a month. Most of
the time, there is no problem. However, occasionally, I
will get this error message:

The signature can't be checked - General error

Normally, this is the message I receive:

Good signature from "Microsoft Security Notifications <securitynotifications at e-mail.microsoft.com>"

I saved both emails to this URL:

The good sig:
https://seibercom.net/logs/MS-GoodSig.txt

And the bad one:
https://seibercom.net/logs/MS-BadSig.txt

I am hoping someone can tell me why one works and the other doesn't.

The Microsoft security key is located here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/msrc/pgp-key-security-notifications?rtc=1

Thanks!

--
Gerard