[Gpg4win-users-en] No Java -> Gpg4win immune against any Apache Log4j Vulnerabilities

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 17 12:29:08 CET 2021

Hello,

Gpg4win and the components coming with it, including the installer,
do _not_ use Java.

So we believe Gpg4win to be immune against any vulnerabilities
in the Java logging library Apache Log4j.

Background:
A number of vulnerabilities in the popular logging library
for Java applications have let to an IT emergency
as they are considered a 10.0/10 "critical" CVSS 3
remote exploitable, remote execution defect.

In the wide assessment of IT security, we are getting a few
general questions about the use of this library.
As Gpg4win does not use it, we are fine.

Best Regards
Bernhard

Links:
CVE-2021-44228 CVE-2021-45046