[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg4win 3.1.16 with updated GnuPG 2.2.32: No public key found despite having refreshed the keys

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 21 18:24:06 CET 2021

Hello Stella,

Am Dienstag 21 Dezember 2021 08:17:18 schrieb Stella Ashburne:
> First and foremost, I wish all of you a Blessed Christmas and Covid-free
> New Year 2022!

thanks, the same wishes to you, too!

>    gpg: Signature made 20-Dec-21 11:33:11 W. Australia Standard Time
>    gpg:                using RSA key E53D989A9E2D47BF
>    gpg: Can't check signature: No public key

You seem to be missing the public key (pubkey) for the signature,
it has the "short-id" "E53D989A9E2D47BF".
If it was not there in the beginning, it could also not have been refreshed.

In Debian you probably have the pubkey in your GnuPG keyring, so the
verification works.

You can try to export the pubkey from your Debian machine
(e.g.  on the command line
  gpg --export --armor E53D989A9E2D47BF >pubkey_tor.asc
or so ),
transfer it to Windows and import it there.

(*) Extra tech-info: the short-id maybe not enough to identify a pubkey,
if you can, you should always the use the long key id.

Best Regards,