[Gpg4win-users-en] Some email not decryptable (was: PGP KEY)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 9 10:40:15 CET 2021

Hello  Michaela

Am Montag 08 März 2021 18:17:14 schrieb Michaela Azevedo Pires:
> There are some e-mails that are not decrypted how should I proceed?

one possible explanation is,
that they were not encrypted to you by the sender.
In this case, ask the sender to encrypt and send them to you again.
(And ask that they check to use your current public OpenPGP key.)

I think this is most likely because you wrote that "some" emails are not
decrypted, which tells me that the other emails are decrypted just fine,
so your crypto setup is fine in principle.

If it is something else, you can first see if there is a pattern in the emails
that are not being decrypted. Maybe they are from certain senders?

Some more hints are at
  https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting