[Gpg4win-users-en] Some emails not decryptable

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 10 15:12:42 CET 2021

Michaela,

Am Mittwoch 10 März 2021 14:00:18 schrieb Michaela Azevedo Pires:
> When they send me an email I'm directed to webmail, I can't read the email
> in outlook as you can see from the attached email.

the email you have send to the public (sic!) mailinglist
is S/MIME signed and it does not have any cryptographic contents.

(There is a public copy of your email to
https://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-users-en/2021-March/001667.html
exposing your communication partner, do you think this is okay by your
communication partner? This is why I've offered that you'd send me the email
personally and not via the public mailinglist
gpg4win-users-en at wald.intevation.org
Let me know if you want this entry removed from the public archive.)

> And another colleague
> appears as in attachment 1 you can’t even see it in outlook or webmail

For this I've only seen the screenshot.
Can you save file "encrypted.asc" and then run
  gpg -v --decrypt encrypted.asc
? Do **not** post the result in public here, but check
if your public key id is shown as one that the file is encrypted to.

Probably it is not, then it means that the sender did not encrypt the email to
you.

Best Regards,