[Gpg4win-users-en] Some emails not decryptable

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Wed Mar 10 20:06:14 CET 2021

On 10/03/2021 17:15, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 10 März 2021 15:31:56 schrieb Andrew Gallagher:
>> The email in question is neither a PGP nor S/MIME mail - it is a
>> notification mail for a web-based "secure maildrop" service (e.g. McAfee
>> Secure Email Gateway, Cisco Secure Email Encryption Service).
>
> No, it is a signed S/MIME email (as far as I can see)

Sorry, yes it is signed, but it is not an S/MIME-encrypted email.

> and seems to have been created by a product called
> "Totemo_TrustMail", I found this product
> https://www.totemo.com/en/products/email-encryption
>
> It claims to do OpenPGP, S/MIME and web-based "maildrop".

Maybe it is capable of those technologies but isn't configured?

> And the screenshot hints at an encrypted mail.

That one is, yes. Are there two completely different emails here, or is
one attached to the other? Or is the remote system generating two
separate mails in the two different formats for the one message? It is
unclear.

--
Andrew Gallagher