[Gpg4win-users-en] [GPG4WIN] How do I revoke and upload PGP public keys to PGP public key servers?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 14 16:11:04 CEST 2021

Good day!

Am Donnerstag 14 Oktober 2021 15:35:57 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En
Ming:
> (1) How do I revoke old PGP public keys?

Find or recreate a revocation certificate, then merge and publish, see

https://gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/OpenPGP-Key-Management.html#index-generate_002dkey
https://gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/OpenPGP-Key-Management.html#index-generate_002drevocation

> (2) How do I upload newly generated PGP public keys to PGP public key
> servers?

On the command line it would be a
  gpg --send-keys  KEY_ID
command.

> (3) Where are all the PGP public key servers? Are they still active in
> the year 2021?

The old network and pools of public keyservers have broken down,
a new one is emerging but does not (yet) have all features, see
https://social.tchncs.de/@ber/107008659842900171

> (4) How many PGP public key servers are there in the world?

https://spider.pgpkeys.eu/sks-peers lists almost 50,
not all functional. There are more, some do not sync with others,
some violate the OpenPGP standard.

Best Regards,